Παρασκευή 26 Ιουλίου 2013

THE SHOCKING SECRET BEHIND THESE (AND POSSIBLY OTHER) FITNESS ‘TRANSFORMATION’ PHOTOS

You’ve seen the commercials before: take one fat-burning pill for 30 days and you’ll go from flab to fab  and there are before and-after pictures to prove it. 
But what if those pictures are a ruse?
That’s what Andrew Dixon is alleging. And he has some shocking photos that he says prove it. 

Dixon, a personal trainer in Hollywood, wrote a blog post for the blog Healthy Urban Kitchen last week that was reproduced on the Huffington Post on Wednesday showing how easy it is to fake such photos. And it’s going viral. 
There is no doubt that we live in a world of manipulation, false promises and exaggerated claims, Dixon writes. 
This is especially true in the fitness industry.Sure, he admits there are some programs that are legit. But he has a big problem with those who use fake, Photoshopped, or manipulated before-and-after pictures to sell success. 
So he decided to show how easy it is to fake such results:
I decided to take my own transformation photos to see what was possible with just a few easy tweaks. 
About six months ago I was around 185 pounds and about 16 percent body fat.
I was feeling particularly bloated on the day, so I asked my girlfriend to take a before shot.
I then shaved my head, face and chest and prepared for the after shot, which was about an hour after I took the before shot. 
I did a few push ups and chin ups, tweaked my bedroom lighting, sucked in, tightened my abs and BOOM! We got our after shot. 
Here’s the shocking result:
Personal trainer Andrew Dixon shows how easy it is to manipulate transformation photos. These two pictures were taken within one hour of each other. (Source: Andrew Dixon via Healthy Urban Kitchen)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: